DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING DEPARTMENT OF CONSOLATA HOSPITAL NKUBU
Welcome to the Diagnostic Imaging Department of Consolata Hospital Nkubu . We are here to provide a quality service to our communities in a timely and efficient manner
At our department you will meet our top qualified sonographers and radiographers who are keen to the patients comfort and will take you through the procedures in a calm way.
Services are available on a 24 hour basis, thus all trauma and emergency imaging procedures are handled swiftly. Reporting of CT SCAN is done by top most radiologist in Kenya that is AFYArad
The department offers the following services:
- Computerized Tomography (CT) scanner
- X-rays and special x rays
- Routine Ultrasound and Doppler
Our main objectives is to
- To provide a modern and dynamic ‘one stop ‘imaging centre
- To be at the cutting edge in provision of quality imaging services
- To become a borderless imaging department through modern technology
Computerized Tomography (CT) scanner
The scanner is a medical imaging machine that is able to generate 16slices per CT tube rotation and enables doctors to detect patients’ conditions with a high degree of accuracy.
Routine CT scans not requiring prior preparations are done on a walk-in basis.
Body scans requiring bowel preparations are performed on appointment basis. Emergency services are available 24 hours a day. Appointments are done on special cases such as virtual colonoscopy and CT angiography
We are offering Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancretography (ERCP) which is the study of billiary system under the guidance of endoscopic team in radiology.
The department has an emergency and trauma X-ray machine in the accident and emergency centre and other X-ray units in the department. They are:
- Routine X-rays done on a walk in basis
- X-rays for trauma and emergencies
- Chest X-rays for medical examinations
- X-rays for medical diagnostic evaluation
- Theatre X-ray services including hip pinning and manipulation of fractures under image intensifier (image intensifier and check X-rays)
The department has acquired the new generation equipment in elastography and provides a wide range of ultrasound examinations including Color Doppler studies, high resolution Breast Scan, Fine Needle Aspiration (FNA) and Drainage procedures under ultrasound guidance. Appointments are for special cases like FNA and Biopsies.